Urgent for all pastors and church leaders!Dear Pastor,
Greetings in the Wonderful Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
It is obvious and quite clear that we, the Church, are living in the last days, or as the Apostle Paul states, perilous times!
- 2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
- I Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
- James 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
It is irrefutable that in our time, it necessitates change for the better; this will be accomplished by faith first and foremost.
- I John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
- Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Because things will worsen quickly and more severely, it is of utmost importance that all believers everywhere increase their level of faith.
- 2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
It is so important that we do not allow ourselves to trust the arm of flesh (politics, governments, financial institutions, educational systems).
- 2 Chronicles 32:8 With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.
The challenges that present us in the very near future will require strong faith and complete trust in the Almighty God and Savior Jesus Christ. Faith will cause us to become more dependent upon God, and it will be necessary for us to position ourselves by faith to invoke God to perform the miracles that will be absolutely necessary during these coming days.
- Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
First and foremost: the Lord says that I am the Way, Truth and Life; all believers must prioritize Truth!
- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The Apostle Paul says that during these times that there would be a majority that will not endure sound doctrine.
- 2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Lack of faith and spiritual destabilization will be the reason why so many believers will deteriorate or fall from the faith. We, as Apostolic believers, must contend for the faith, which is Godís Way more perfectly!
- Acts 18:26 And he [Apollos] began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
Truth is not an option, it is a necessity.
- Luke 12:48 For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
The most important of all truths, is the first and greatest of all the commandments (God first, others second, and we are last)! We must demonstrate by proving what is Godís good and acceptable will!
- Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
- Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Secondly, we are commanded to conform to 1 Corinthians 13, which states:
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
This Scripture has been monetized and commercialized for greed to mean that charity begins at home. This is not the Scriptural definition; Charity is what the believers of church membership do for each other.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;
- 1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
- 2 Peter 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
- 3 John 1:6 Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:
As times worsen, it is of utmost importance that the churches have a plan to consolidate their resources. The first century church is a prime example and mirrors the necessity of being totally unified! Acts 2:43-47 and 4:32-37 explain how the church of God was built through consolidating the resources, and God added daily to the Church such as should be saved.
- Acts 2:43-47 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
- Acts 4:32-37 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
The world economic and political systems are collapsing, and all governments are consolidating their efforts under the United Nations to accelerate their war against the churches. This is not to alarm anyone or to cause one to feel terrorized, because perfect love casteth out fear; He has not given us the spirit of fear!
- I John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Having food and every other resource will become more challenging, but the Almighty will make provisions for the faithful and the true believers.
- Psalm 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
To the spiritually prepared believers, they can expect miracles and various spiritual manifestations that the world has not seen! Remember the Lord is a needs provider, for He states that your Heavenly Father knoweth that you have need of all these things.
- Matthew 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
The Laodicean church in Revelation 3:17 is indicted by the Lord because they had need of nothing!
- Revelation 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.
It is important that we remember that it is expected that believers have needs, because the Lord wants to be needed, and our needs cause us to trust in the Lord!
- Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Furthermore, it must be clearly understood that the present church age is indicted by the Lord to be unfit spiritually; lacking faith and being materialistically oriented. Mark states that the deceitfulness of riches will cause the church to implode and weaken to the point that spiritual activity and servitude will become a rarity. In Revelation 3:17, wealth, mammon, and materialism have become the prevailing appetite which makes spiritual true servitude a mere option and not a necessity.
Believers are challenged by Paulís letter to the Ephesians 4:1 that our lives are reflective and prevalent of vocational calling. The context of the word vocation suggests that our purpose and vocation should be a career or a lifelong pursuit; hence there is no retirement.
Our lives or conduct should be so noble and genuine that being saved and loving the Lord would be indisputable and clear to every beholder. I challenge every Pastor and church leader to endeavor to achieve the highest and best results during this new year by praying, hearing the Lordís voice, trusting and proving that the Lord is amongst His people.
Expect to hear from the Lord; the time is right for the manifestation of His Presence! I encourage everyone to expect a miracle and may Heaven smile upon all.
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen (Revelation 22:21).
In Christís Service,
Pastor John Massey, Jr.
Redemption Church of Christ